Where to Get Rid of Junk in Raleigh – All Options Explained
When you have junk in Raleigh, NC that you can’t stand to have on your property any longer, you have to get rid of it somehow. However, you might not know where to get rid of junk in Raleigh. Don’t worry! At Junk Doctors, we’re the disposal experts, so count on us to teach you everything you need to know. As it turns out, there are so many ways to get rid of your junk, so without further ado, let’s jump right into things!
1. Trash Collection Services
The City of Raleigh Solid Waste Services Department is the provider of trash collection services all throughout Raleigh. If you are already being serviced by a trash collector, when you have junk that has to go, and it fits inside of your collection bin, you can usually get rid of it this way. Just keep in mind some items will be rejected this way, including tires, car parts, tree stumps, and contractor materials.
2. Landfills and Transfer Stations
If you don’t mind loading your junk into your vehicle and taking it for a ride, you can always drop your stuff off at a landfill or transfer station. There are a few examples of this not far from you, including:
- East Wake Transfer Station. For licensed waste haulers only. Located conveniently at 820 Corporation Parkway, Raleigh, NC 27610, this dump site is open Monday through Saturday, 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- South Wake Landfill. Located at 6330 Old Smithfield Rd, Apex, NC 27539, this landfill only accepts waste from licensed haulers, so please keep that in mind. Open Monday through Saturday, 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Convenience Centers. If you’re not a licensed waste hauler, you’re not out of luck yet. Wake County has multiple convenience centers so regular people can drop off their garbage without any certifications.
3. Drop-Off Recycling Centers
Do you have a truckload of recyclables that you need to drop off somewhere? The city of Raleigh provides three different recycling drop-off areas for local residents to use at their convenience. That way, you can easily get rid of recyclables such as paper, #1 PETE plastics, glass, metal food and drink cans, and more.
- Jaycee Park Drop-Off Center. This drop-off center isn’t far from the softball fields, so don’t get lost at the park! Located at 2405 Wade Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27607. Available any time.
- Raleigh Yard Waste Center. As the name implies, this is a great place to drop off yard waste, though other recyclables are accepted. Located at 900 N. New Hope Road, Raleigh, NC 27610. Available any time.
- Habitat Wake ReStore. If you have items you want to donate, you can kill two birds with one stone because of the nearby ReStore branch. Located at 2420 Raleigh Boulevard, Raleigh, NC 27604. Available any time.
4. Household Hazardous Waste Facilities
It can be difficult to dispose of hazardous waste such as batteries, latex paint, vehicle fluids, and aerosols. Fortunately, Wake County provides multiple hazardous waste facilities where you can drop off these items. With three different locations, you can choose the one that’s closest to you to minimize your travel distance.
- North Wake Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Look behind the nearby fire station, close to Green Hills County Park to find this facility. Located at 9037 Deponie Drive, Raleigh, NC 27614. Open Monday through Saturday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- South Wake Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Just off the Triangle Expressway, this facility makes it easy to say goodbye to items you can’t get rid of most anywhere else. Located at 6150 Old Smithfield Road, Apex, NC 27539. Open Monday through Saturday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- East Wake Household Hazardous Waste Facility. This facility has friendly staff that make the rules and regulations of hazardous waste disposal clear to you. Located at 5051 Wendell Boulevard, Wendell, NC 27591. Open Saturdays and Sundays, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
5. Donation Sites
Are you attempting to get rid of junk items that are in fair condition? If you think your things could be reused or resold, then there’s a good chance a local thrift store would be interested in putting them on its shelves. There are many thrift stores near you worth considering:
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore. Not only can you drop your items off at this location, but the staff are even willing to pick your things up if they are worth their time. Located at 2420 N. Raleigh Blvd Raleigh, NC 27604. Open Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Goodwill of Raleigh. Goodwill is a nationally known chain perhaps most famous for their racks upon racks of used clothes. There are many different Goodwill locations throughout Raleigh and the nearby areas, but the biggest and best of these branches is located at 1677 N Market Dr, Raleigh, NC 27609.
Trying to get rid of junk but aren’t sure where to take it or how you’re going to haul it all? Why not consider a junk removal company? The benefits of a full-service junk removal company include the fact that you don’t have to lift a finger, as well as the ease in which you can get rid of all your unwanted junk!