Spring Cleaning Tips for 2023
It’s Time for Spring Cleaning 2023
The sun is coming out and the flowers are beginning to bloom. Our side of the planet is tilting closer to the sun, and now, we’re beginning to experience warmer temperatures and clearer skies. When spring rolls around in Charlotte, NC and other parts of the Research Triangle, our behavior begins to change, too. We start going outside more often, our moods lift up, and we get the urge to start cleaning up around the house, too! Do you know what this means? Yes, it’s time for Spring Cleaning 2023!
Here at Junk Doctors, we love getting into the swing of spring cleaning, too. You could even say that we’re a spring cleaning company in addition to a junk removal company. We’ve even got some tips to share with you so your spring cleaning experience can be as smooth as possible!
The Holidays Are Over, So Put Winter Things Away
Now that winter is gone, there are many different items that won’t be seeing as much use. Consider the heavy quilt that you used to keep yourself warm during December. Don’t forget all those holiday decorations that gave your house so much charm during the holidays. If you still have streamers, string lights, or even an old Christmas tree taking up space, it’s time to put them somewhere out of the way.
On your spring cleaning day, get some plastic bins or cardboard boxes, then store these winter-related things in your basement, attic, or another storage space. That way, you won’t have to navigate around them all year round. Once the holidays come around again, you can just pull them out of retirement whenever you’d like.
Freshen Up Around the House
Springtime cleaning will take you all around the house, so be prepared to get some steps in. You might even want to listen to some music as you complete all the various tasks around your living space. We’ve compiled a short list of these chores. Have you completed all these jobs? And can you think of anything else that might need to be done on top of these?
- Kitchen Cleaning. Making food isn’t always a clean process. Grease, grizzle, and crumbs can wind up dirtying up your kitchen space. Because of this, you should take some time to wipe down the counters and clean out the refrigerator.
- Bathroom Cleaning. Bathrooms become dirty over time for obvious reasons, so don’t let yours become gross. Scrub out the toilet, clean the shower, wipe down the sink counter, and wipe down the bathroom mirror as well.
- Do the Laundry. We’re not just talking about your clothes, either. You should wash the bedsheets, pillowcases, blankets, and other cloth items around your house. Use a fabric cleaner on those pieces of furniture you can’t just toss in the wash.
- Dust and Mop. To make sure your house truly shines, make sure all the surfaces are looking their best. It certainly won’t hurt to vacuum and mop the floors, and it’s also a good idea to dust those baseboards, windowsills, and shelves.
- Wipe the Windows. Finally, since it’s spring outside, you’ll definitely find yourself looking through the windows and admiring the flowers more often. Wipe down the windows so you can sightsee without having to ignore handprints!
Do Some Yard Work
During Spring Cleaning 2023, remember that since it’s warmer outside, plant life is waking back up. What this means is that sticks are going to start falling in your yard, weeds are going to sprout in your flower beds, and unwanted brush can start taking over your landscape. You don’t have to let plant life do whatever it wants with your property, though. Don’t be afraid to go out there and clean up the yard debris. Or, request help from Junk Doctors, and we’ll sort out that mess for you.
Reclaim Your Space from Junk
One of the best ways you can make your home more open is by getting rid of the things you don’t need. If you haven’t used it in a year, chances are, it’s junk. So what should you do with it? If you can, you might just want to put it in your trash collection bin. However, if you are struggling to remove the junk from your house, remember that spring cleaning services are available from Junk Doctors.
We would love to help you make Spring Cleaning 2023 a successful venture! Just get in touch with us, let us know what you need us to remove, and we can load it onto our truck in a flash. We’ll do it all for an affordable spring clean up cost. Furthermore, we will take any reusable items to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore so that we don’t create unnecessary landfill waste. Whether you take on Spring Cleaning 2023 alone or opt for our assistance, we wish you the best. Happy cleaning!