One of the projects that Junk Doctors is often tasked with is removing a hot tub. Many people buy a hot tub, use it for a few years, it breaks, and then they never fix it. Or they just lose interest and decide not to use it. Or they bought the house with the hot tub already broken. For Junk Doctors to remove a hot tub you are looking around $320 for a 6×6 hot tub and about $425 for a 8×8. Not cheap! So for those of you who donâ€™t want to spend the money and are capable of doing it on your own. Hereâ€™s how to do it.
Tools you Need:
- Chorded Sawzall and 3 blades.
- Extension chord
- Safety Glasses
- Broom and dustpan
- Drain the hot tub if it isnâ€™t already. A garden hose can be hooked to the bottom drain. You might have to get a portable sump pump.
- Disconnect the power: Have the power to the hot tub disconnected and safely capped.
- Disconnect or kick the motor off the hot tub.
- Cut the hot tub into 3 or 4 manageable pieces with the Sawzall.
- Load the pieces into your vehicle.
- Sweep up.
- Your Done!
Hot tubs can vary a lot in terms of construction. Generally plan on it taking about two hours to do the job. If you cut the pieces small enough one person can do the job as well. They do generate a lot of dust so you might want to wear a dust mask, in addition to safety goggles.
Some hot tubs can be a bit frustrating to do and it is very dusty. They aren’t terrible projects for novice DIYers, however should you want to just get it done quick and not have to worry about it give us a call at 919-466-9322 and we can get that hot tub removed fast!